Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Time With God

 



Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. – Mark 1:35

What do you do when you first get up on the morning? In the verse for today note that Jesus got up while it was still dark and went alone to pray. I have prayer walked my neighborhood before the sun came up. 

There is a technique called a DAWG day. This is not meaning Georgia Bulldogs fan day but a term coined through a member of Moms in Prayer years ago that stands for ‘Day Alone With God’ and you may not get up before the sun but basically find a quiet place, no phone distractions or other devices. Take your Bible and a notebook and pen and spend time talking and listening to God. My ‘go to’ place in Alabama was at the top of a small mountain at a state park. Stay safe wherever you choose. In Idaho I have a couple places in mind and I am long overdue a DAWG day. 

If you can’t imagine doing something like this then where and when do you get serious with the savior and let Him know He is before all things? Something to ponder. Today if you hear his voice don’t harden your heart but say “here I am Lord” and give him praise. 

PRAYER: Lord I regret the times I have jumped right into the day not even bothering to take time to spend with you. There are all sorts of excuses I can give but mainly truth be known it was not a priority. Forgive me. Help me not let the world shape me but use me to help shape the world. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment