Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Believe It, Speak It, Meditate On It

 


Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16, ESV, Bible Gateway
I speak lots about getting the word of God into your heart and letting it truly become the thing that most shapes your life.  Sadly many people's lives are shaped by the morning news on TV or in the paper out of habit. Might I suggest a new habit to glorify the Lord and set you free?

When I grew up in the 50's and 60's most homes subscribed to  a newspaper and faithfully poured through it with the morning coffee. Sort of a childhood memory for many who are adults now. Lately many news outlets have taken a turn for the worse in attempts to control thought. You may live in home where another family member indulges in the ritual of news, news, and more news till you want to scream!

Be patient my friend. Pray for those people you know that spend more time saturating themselves with the newsprint and morning shows than they do time in the actual Holy Bible. I think Satan loves this because it is the Bible that holds the real power to conquering your hang ups in life. If Satan can get you mesmerized and attached to the news you will soon be in a stupor and start believing wrong things. The habit of meditating on the Word of God is what holds the key to deliverance from wrong thinking and living a victorious life. It takes time and it is worth all the time you have to develop a life giving habit. 

PRAYER: I need to get my life ordered to be able to have spiritual discipline not just on Sunday but to desire growth each and every day. It is so easy to get caught up with secular things that do not help me and many in fact pull me down where Satan can try to take me captive. Help me as I seek to kick Satan under the bus when he tries to get me distracted with worldly pursuits over reading scripture. Your word lights my path.In Jesus'  name. Amen. 

Click on link for a song of worship:

The Real St Patrick:

No comments:

Post a Comment