Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 26, 2021

Do You Consider Yourself A Fisherman?



“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” – Matthew 4:19

Recently my husband and I both got our Idaho combo hunting and fishing license and look forward to having some fishing times sitting by the stream. I have not really ever fished that much but  am anticipating fun times. 

Did you know all of us who claim to be followers of Jesus are commissioned to be ‘fishers’ of men? So what kind of bait or lures are used? Kindness, love, truth, humility, forgiveness, joy, understanding, and being non judgmental all help build good relationships with people you meet. 

It has been a fun experience living in a brand new subdivision which only was created September of 2019. As new people move in it has been a delight meeting them as we take our early evening stroll. Some relocated locally and then there are transplants from mostly Western states and ourselves from Tennessee and a couple from Chicago. You never know where people are spiritually but be kind and you never know how the Lord will use you. 

PRAYER:Father I want to be a willing fisherman for you keeping my ears open and eyes open to the needs around me. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment