Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Standing In The Gap For Others

 


“I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.” Ezekiel 22:30 (NIV)

To stand in the gap is to be ready to pray for a need or a person and know that God is faithful and hears your prayers. Let’s use the illustration of a broken bridge where you are the one holding the bridge together. 

I have gotten turned on to personal prayer through Moms in Prayer ministry but also through many Bible studies I was in throughout  the years. I stood in the gap against Satan for my children when they were in the womb and still do today in adulthood. Prayer is our shield of faith against the flaming darts of the enemy. 

Many people may be uncomfortable with prayer but all it is is simply talking to God no formal vocabulary just a chat with Abba Father daddy. At times when you are known for being a prayer warrior others get the impression you have a red phone hotline to God whereas anyone can talk to God. Don’t neglect talking to your Father in Heaven every day. I know people who think prayer is silly and don’t pray anymore because someone they knew and loved died and they wonder why didn’t God stop this. Satan loves to keep people uncomfortable with prayer as individuals and couples because then he knows you won’t bother talking to God or even passing it on to the younger generations. Friend lean in to God. He loves you. Make no mistake he is listening, don’t believe Satan’s lies. 

PRAYER: Father I love to pray and sing praises but I know people who won’t pray any time not even at a meal or bedtime. Father use me in the life of anyone I know who refuses to talk to God due to past hurts and I bind the enemy from hurting them in the meantime. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment