Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Tempted To Complain?

 



For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you.Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.Philippians 2:13-15

 

Why do people complain? Comparison, envy, self pity a host of problems. Everyone probably has at one time or another acted disgruntled, jealous, or unsatisfied. 
 The grass always seems to be greener on the other side of the fence until you realize that you have to mow it and keep it maintained and healthy. How much does a person need to keep them happy? Maybe you feel someone got a better life than you and it is unfair.

 

Maybe it is time to make a gratitude list and stop comparing yourself. Don’t start being negative as that is when Satan gets the upper hand. List things you are blessed with. Focus on gratitude and keep thanking Jesus.

 

PRAYER: Lord God I love all the ways you have blessed me and sometimes when I am thinking I am getting a raw deal in life I need to start praising you right away. I do not want Satan getting me in a negative mindset. Help me Lord and forgive me. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I always heard that it best not to think of the grass on the other side of the fence as being greener because it could be crabgrass.(A bit of witicism from my childhood.) Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete