Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 12, 2021

Lean Into God's Word Not 'Pop Ups'



"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.”John 10:27

How many times are you bound and determined to have a decent alone time with God. Maybe you utilize your computer for help in  the Bible so it is still there in front of you. Everyone knows how popups tend to distract you sort of like sin can distract you. 

I have all the best intentions in the world most days to start my day in the Word and usually bounce around the method I use. A devotion on an APP or a devotion in a paper book. Perhaps watching a certain sermon on TV on a Christian channel. There is not a set right or wrong way or a prescribed time you have to do this. Don't make it into a chore or you will not get anything from your time alone. 

The main thing is to shut off distractions. Make hearing from God more important than hearing from Apple News popups or the latest You Tube pop up or celebrity news. It is a spiritual discipline to set your mind on things "above' and keep focused. Talk to God if you have trouble with this and confess you need help to stay on task and not get off on another tangent. Don't allow the 'pop-ups' of life to take you away from the most important thing that being, time spent with God. 

PRAYER: I need you Lord I need you. Every hour I need you. Help me Father to stay on course during my day. Many things can try to pull me away on all the devices around me. Help me get rid of the clutter so I can clearly hear your voice. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment