Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 14, 2021

I Have Had It!



I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him. Psalm 40:1-3 
Recently I was chatting with someone who was very much down on life, themself, their job, their weight, their future, their finances and nothing I found hardly say was going to cheer them up. This person had dug a huge pity party hole and was so deep they almost were stuck and could not escape. Like emotional quicksand their focus was clearly on Satan’s agenda, certainly not God’s. 
If you are honest you probably have been in a similar situation. You feel like there is no way out, things will not change, and this ordeal of life has you so immersed in mind games and depression you just don’t know what to do.  So what do you do when these horrendous blues sneak up on you?Certainly don’t run to a bottle of booze, pills, cutting, or try to end life as those are tactics of the enemy to try to destroy a wonderful human being God has plans for using. Stop, breathe, turn off all devices, talk to God, and sing some praises to God. I have included a song at end of devotion today to help.

PRAYER: Father use me in the lives of others to help them be lifted up from the enemies plans to destroy them. Help me when I feel down to do a good deed for another thus aggravating Satan. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

Click link below for a mighty worship song:
https://youtu.be/ZI6585ekuhg

                               PS One day a few years ago I got a random email from someone who found my God’s Lemonade Stand Card at one of the concourse chapels in Dallas Fort Worth Airport. They had been considering  suicide and said it was a miracle when they looked over and found my card. Thank you Jesus! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment