Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Learning To Be Still


He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
As I watch four perky little hummingbirds dashing and darting about around the feeder hanging from my porch, occasionally one or two of them actually sit still on the perch provided on the feeder and suck the food in the feeder. It is so amazing to see these little birds which normally are at a frantic pace actually sit down for a moment and rest. 

For we humans being  still involves so much more than the act of stillness but it means controlling your thought life and the words coming out of your mouth as well. Stillness must at times be intentional. There is something called a 'Day Alone With God' coined I believe by a lady in the Moms in Prayer ministry a few years ago where you purposefully set aside time to get alone with God preferably in a location outside your home where you are free from distractions. It is a wonderful discipline even if you can only do it for an hour or so. 

Make up your mind you will take time to be still. No cell phones. No music. No answering doorbells. Go somewhere safe and commune with God. His creation is abounding with places to get away. During this time talk to your Heavenly Father and enjoy just being still. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I know I need to take time to not always being going here and there and schedule time to sit at your feet. Help me as I try to discipline myself in this vital area. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment