Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Let Go, Step Back, Stop Hovering, And Trust God!


And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Several years ago when my sons were in college there was an article I think in Wall Street Journal entitled 'The Helicopter Moms Are Hovering On Facebook'. I know that in my generation this is a fault of many moms. My mom never did it. Sure there was no internet then but she did not constantly have to be in the loop, concerned trying to spoon feed me and shape my life. She did her job. She didn't tell me how to live or subtly 'suggest' things.

Whether you are a mom or a dad,  especially when they leave home, back off. You have done your job. Why is it many of us find it so hard to loose the cords? Cut the 'umbilical cord' and let them live their life. No one likes to be guilted into something and we are not the Holy Spirit junior. Release your grown child to the Lord then let Him go especially if he or she is married. A good relationship requires backing off into a new role. Believe me I have made my share of boo boos.

God is our parent. He is not hovering over us but He cares for us. He sees us mess up and then we pick ourselves back up again. You pray prayers so once those are prayed stop worrying and trust God. Try to stay focused on things above and involve yourself in your own business. There are actually verses in the Bible about meddling. Stay on your knees, not on the phone.

PRAYER: Lord for those of us blessed with children there are so many wonderful stages but help parents everywhere learn to let go, learn to not meddle, learn to not guilt. Help me stay on my knees and give the concerns to you and let my children lead their lives. In Jesus' name. Amen.

NOTE: This devotion was focused on a particular group today and departure from my all inclusive devotions so I hope even if you are not married or don't have children you gained something from it. Be blessed.

2 comments: