Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Come Home


Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:20
After we returned from a recent trip, our outdoor barn cat decided to either hide, run away, get eaten by a coyote, swooped up by a hawk, or just not ready to come back. This reminded me of how many of us 'hide' from God or just don't think being sold out to Jesus is 'their thing'. 
God continually pursues us. Just like me hollering for my cat, God is wanting you to come back. Some of you may need to come back or perhaps know people close to you who once were committed to Jesus but then their 'roots' got a little bit entangled with worldly pleasures and things of the Lord took a back seat or maybe weren't even in a seat at all. Jesus says "Come home child!" to all of us who have wandered at one time or another. The Sabbath day to those who are wandering is a day for their own pleasure and pursuits. Pursuing God is not in their equation. 
If you are that person or know of a person continue to pray God keeps knocking on their heart saying "seek me first child". 
PRAYER: Lord Jesus you are desperate for our love and affection and devotion yet so many wander away from the faith and the world and works of the flesh choke you out. Convict those people in my life who may be strangled by worldly pursuits to run back to you. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment