Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Slow Down and Chill Out



Take control of what I say, O LORD, and guard my lips. Psalm 141:3

Probably most of my female readers may be more outwardly emotional than men so this devotion may speak to you in a different way. Recently at Atlanta Bread I got the idea for this title off their cold drink cups. Indeed we need to learn to slow down and to chill out, right moms, and oh yeah, dads too and those without children. Let's all be on guard. 

I have opened my mouth more times than I care to remember and said something I regretted later usually done in haste without the 24 hour rule suggested by a dear friend. Many times our emotions can run rampant and then the mouth runs off and out comes words which never should have been uttered. Man the devil loves impatience and impulsiveness cause he uses it to wreck relationships. First remember we can't fix anyone or change their heart. That is job of the Holy Spirit. We are wasting our breath. 

Right here and right now, purpose in your heart that you will NOT allow any thing to be said if there is a remote chance you know it will backfire. This requires slowing down, chilling out, and yes thinking. A tall order for some, but hey aren't those relationships worth it? I know mine are. 

PRAYER: Lord I am so thankful again and again when you forgive me for all the stupid stuff I have allowed to come out of my mouth. Help me learn to think and learn to keep certain things unsaid. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment