Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, September 4, 2017

What Hospital Do You Go To?



On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick."Matthew 9:12

Does today's title grab your attention? It is meant to. By this I mean where is it you go get well and 'treated' on Sunday? Where is your 'church home' in other words? 

Church is not mean to be some formality you do just because you were raised that way but it is to be a 'treatment center' of sorts for your spiritual health. It is where you go get your 'medicine' each week to help you get 'healing' throughout the week. 

But just like following the doctor's prescribed orders for getting well, are you following 'Doctor Jesus' orders by taking your medicine daily? Your medicine in this case is your quiet time and reading and studying God's word. That is the only way to stay healthy. 

PRAYER: I don't want or choose to be sickly and want to be strong in you Lord. My medicine sits right there on a table in my home yet how often I neglect it and treat it like a decoration. Forgive me Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment