Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Shhhhhh! Seriously.


But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.Out of the same mouth proceed  blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. JAMES 3:8-10

I will be the first to admit I have a mouth problem. Do you too? I am talking about not thinking before you open your mouth and say something stupid you can't take back.  Your tongue has the power for bad or good. It can cause so much destruction if you aren't careful. Your mouth should be filled with kindness and goodness not judgment and condemnation. 

If you have to vent why not journal and then you won't hurt someone in the process. All stages of life require different types of self control when it comes to your mouth.  Better to be silent than to be a fool and have regrets. 

Be still, be using your head, and keep the love of Jesus inside of you at all times and you will be less likely to mess up. 

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for the miracle of being able to talk and sing and declare your praises with the little tongue in my mouth. Help me think before I open it so as to not dig any hole deeper. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment