Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A.N.T.


Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22

Today I got help with my title from my weight watchers leader who talked about A.N.T. (Automatic Negative Thoughts) in the context of losing weight and I will speak of these wrong thoughts as it applies to your spiritual life. Here goes!

First of all, if a concern is weighing you down, you know well enough that the anxiety you feel is not from God. The devil specializes in trying to get God's children saturated in worry, doubt, concern, and fear. Aren't you and I above that my friend? Yes we are! It takes spiritual discipline and getting yourself out of the gutter to think right. You have to continually confess out loud positive things. Romans 4:17 says " calling things as not as though they were" and certainly a steady mind diet of fear and worry helps no one and certainly can not make you a victorious child of God.

You have to choose which mindset you want to be in. Do you want to constantly fret and worry over a situation you can do absolutely nothing about or do you want to start your day joyful lifting up praise to God for the answers on the horizon that He will bring? Don't succumb to fears my friend. Hang in there and focus on 'things above'!

PRAYER: Oh how great is your love for me Lord. I know you care about me and my concerns and are at work in the lives of those I pray for. I choose to purposefully focus on good stuff and if I catch myself slipping will turn on some good praise music. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click on link below for a wonderful song of worship and praise. I realize some of my readers may not go to churches who sing this type of music which is known as worship songs but sit back, lift your hands to Jesus and sing along. You will feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment