Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Bitter?

 All bitterness, anger and wrath, shouting and slander must be removed from you, along with all malice. Ephesians 4:31

There are so many things in life that can cause you to become bitter. Cut out of a close family members will. Jilted by a long time spouse. Not being able to conceive when you so desperately want a baby. Being passed over for promotion. These are just examples.

You can see by the verse above that there is no place for bitterness in the life of a believer. It can eat you alive.  "But what can I do it hurts so bad" may be a reaction to the incident making you lose sleep at night and hate certain people.

Clothe yourself with love daily. Don't just say you are a believer but pick up that Bible that is no doubt somewhere in your home and start reading it. Might I suggest today to read the book of Colossians in the New Testament. It is filled with things to keep your mind focused above which you need to do when you are blind sided by a crisis in your life.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I know being angry and upset is not the solution to my issues in life. I will not allow Satan to keep me making excuses for why I don't get into the Bible for help and peace. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment