Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Here It Comes Again!


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

My title today is meant to refer to Christmas or the merchants high holy day being facetious of course. August was not even over till I saw red and green popping up in all sorts of stores. I just wanted to scream. Let us get through Labor Day first okay?

The older I get the faster Christmas seems to roll around. Also the older I get the more I become less compelled to have to stress over the world's secular view of what is often called Xmas. Christmas does not have to cause stress only if you allow it. You can even break from tradition and do something different such as a trip on your own. Try not to allow extended family to dictate what is required and do it lovingly and you might enjoy this Holy holiday much more for a change. Find ways to give to others such as Samaritans Purse Shoebox Ministry or Prison Fellowship Angel Tree Ministry. 

Don't let obligations stress you out. Purpose to cut back, change things up a bit, and have a peaceful Christmas season. Remember in fact in all the hub bub right around the corner to never forget what it is all about. The birthday of the greatest man ever, Jesus!

PRAYER: Lord in just 86 days it is the best day ever so help me remember now and not do so many worldly things I forget the meaning. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment