Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Forgiveness...It Is A Life Changer!


Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32
Have you ever uttered the statement "I can not forgive them for what they did to me?" When you did, do you think it pleased God? You may say "I can forgive but I certainly won't forget" then I say to you, is that true forgiveness? 
I recently saw the new Pureflix film 'A Question Of Faith' which deals with forgiveness, teen texting while driving, death, racial prejudice, and has a marvelous impactful tremendously joyful ending urging people to stop texting while driving and to become organ donors.  Carrying grudges against people because of unsettled issues only glorifies our enemy Satan. He loves to cause division so don't let him!
Whatever it is you are dealing with, get on your knees and pray for God to take away the stony heart inside of you that is causing anger which sometimes you may feel is justified. God's plan is to forgive, period! What if God said "Well they sure do deserve Hell but I will forgive them but I am not going to forget." Sounds pretty silly doesn't it? My friend, no matter what it is first stop dwelling on it, talking about it, then truly surrender your hurt,anger,and pain and ask the Lord to help you love that person as only He can. 
PRAYER: Lord I want to be able to let go of the pain of those in my life who have been mean to me or hurt me or a family member. I choose this day to stay in your word and to pray daily for any enemies I may have. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment