Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 6, 2017

The Worry Throne


And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? Matthew 6:27

Who or what is on the throne of your life? Seriously, give that some thought. I was recently watching Bible teacher Joel Osteen referring to what he called the 'worry throne'. Many of you may have at one time or another found yourself camped out upon it.  I know I have. 

If you and I call ourselves children of God and trust in Him then what business do you have worrying about every little thing that happens. Just as today's verse indicates, that worry or anxiety does not do one thing to change a situation. But it can have the effects of making you mentally and physically sick. 

You prayed for an issue correct? Well then it is time to act like you really trust God and not sit around striving over this and trust that God is a pretty big God, wouldn't you say, and knows what He is doing. The main thing is you have to get your thoughts under control. Your mind can destroy any chance of peace. Meditate on God's word and not your problem and truly surrender it to Him. Can you do that?  

PRAYER: I know when I am able to fully trust you and let go of what is weighing me down I will start to see you working. Help me to not allow the enemy to make me cave in to fear and doubt. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment