Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Broken People


The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put Humpty together again." Of course that is the well known children's poem many recited to their children or perhaps had read to you. Brokenness is real and it hurts. I am not talking about broken bones, broken teeth and other physical body parts, but a broken spirit. You can not put your finger on it but you hurt. 

Brokenness can be as a result of trauma in your life. You feel hopeless, despairing, at the end of your rope so to speak. It is at these times many run from God when in fact that is when you need him the most. Someone may have hurt you but God will never hurt you. He can lift you up out of your pit and put you on solid ground again. He can bring redemption and restoration. 

Continue to seek God even when you are hurting. Stay in scripture. Start reading the book of Psalms. Keep seeking God. 

PRAYER: There have been times when I hurt bad Lord and some of it my own fault but other times it is other factors. Lord I know I need you especially in these times. Also once I am lifted out help me seek out others I can help. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link for a powerful song sure to start your day off great:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading my devotion. I looked at yours. It is very nice. I need to spiff up my page a bit. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete