Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Fix Yourself First


"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Luke 6:41

It is so easy to pass judgment on others. I hate when I catch myself doing it. We are not to stand in judgment over anyone. God did not assign us that duty. 

You look at someone and expect you know their 'story' yet you do not. You may look down upon someone who has body piercing or tattoos. Maybe you judge a person's lifestyle choices. Maybe it is how they dress or wear their makeup. It is not our job to 'fix' or stand in judgement of anyone. If you struggle with doing this ask God to deliver you from it. Would you want people doing it to you? 

Stop and say a pray and ask God to help you love the unlovely and not utter or think any bad thoughts about anyone. The more you do it the easier it will become. 

PRAYER: I have no right to judge my fellow man. When I point a finger another finger is pointing back at me. I will resist this urge to be ugly and do this as it sure is not a good example for someone who loves the Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment