Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Joyful, Just Be It!




Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8

I had one of those days recently where I just felt down for no particular reason but it being self induced, or in other words thinking about stuff that drug me into a pit. You too may have experienced gloomy days where there is really no reason for it other than you were thinking about things you should not have been. You worry perhaps about a situation or compare yourself to someone or whatever else it might be and presto! You are in a slump. 

Thankfully some sweet friends saw my whining on Facebook and quickly rescued me with their encouraging spirits. You too need to be ready to help be an encourager because all of us have those less than stellar days. These are days maybe it is necessary to do some serious spiritual warfare. The enemy does not like us to be cheerful, joyful, and loving God. He will do all in his power to drag you down so be on your guard. 

Might I suggest each day to wake up thankful for all those things you have in your life. Turn on some good praise and worship music and get your spirit lifted up. Keep the news off or talk shows as they normally are less than redeeming. Make it a daily habit to wake up and says "thanks Lord for having another day to serve you!" See if you don't feel better. 

PRAYER: When I am down you lift me up Lord. I refuse to allow Satan's lies to disable my peace and joy. Help me look for others to encourage as well. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link for a song of worship:

No comments:

Post a Comment