Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Hurt Feelings, Self Pity, and Loneliness



 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

I am sure I am not the only one reading who has dealt with the three emotions above in my title. When people hurt your feelings you want to just run away sometimes. You start feeling an urge towards self pity and finally advance into loneliness. Often times no one knows how you are even feeling. It is necessary to try to master the art of getting beyond these things. But how? 

First you need to separate yourself from your emotions because they can not be trusted. They are wishy washy and come and go. Next the key word in self pity is 'self' which we are told to "die to daily". Self means we are thinking of our own self and not other people. As Bible teacher Joyce Meyer says "Pity parties are pitiful" and indeed they are. 

When you feel down, left out, hurt, trampled upon try to think of a way you could be a blessing to someone else.  When you do this you won't be crying over your own problems. Give it a try. By blessing others sometimes you bless yourself. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus forgive me for times when I allow my emotions to get the best of me and saturate myself in self pity. When I do this I can not be close to you. I will not allow Satan to do this to me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment