Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

What's In A Name?


Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the
 name that is above every name. Philippians 2:9

Throughout the generations and as time passes, there has been a trendy way to name a newborn, a hippy laid back name, a family name, a classical name, a celebrity name, or a Biblical name. My husband and I chose the latter. Names carry meaning and they go with you the rest of your life so parents of newborns have a huge responsibility deciding on that all important 'title' of sorts. My son and his wife expect their first born, a daughter, in less than a month. I am excited of course to find out on her 'birthday' what name she will be given. 

Jesus is the all important name because he is the name above all other names! At his name healing comes and miracles happen. There is power in the name of Jesus. To overcome, to cast out demons, to break every chain you are in bondage too. 

The little baby in a manger indeed has a powerful name. Have you called out his name and asked him to be Lord of your life? Is his name the most important thing in your life? 

PRAYER: Lord I call on your name and I am saved from my enemies. I praise your name. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

Click on link for powerful song of worship:

1 comment: