Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

How Is Your Walk?


So that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10

You're a good person. You believe in God. You have not killed anyone. You don't gossip. You give money to charity. You take care of your parents. But how is your 'walk'? I am referring to your spiritual walk. 

Often times people who aren't frequenting church may refer to those who do and go beyond that and are a tad fanatical as religious. First I hate the word religion and I think God does too. As for being a fanatic, guilty as charged. There is more to saying you are a Christian than just saying it or even just going to church. Some hate church for whatever reason and say their church is nature. Many go but are only different that day and nothing changes the rest of the week. 

Your life should emulate Christ. You should want to be in Fellowship and teach your children the same. Find a dynamic church that preaches the word. Find a church with a good children's ministry. Sometimes people are more comfortable in non denominational churches and for those of you who have been in a denomination for awhile go check one out. Above all 'walk' in all areas of your life to please God. Spend time daily in prayer and read your Bible. Start in the Psalms if you have no clue. Walking for the Lord is a daily discipline you should seek to do. 

PRAYER: I want to walk worthy and to please you Lord. I want to be a witness for you wherever I go each day. Help me get rid of things in my life that make me walk away and not to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment