Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

WHITE CAPS MAKING YOU SCARED?



The part of the country I live in is pretty close to the beaches of both Florida and Alabama relatively speaking. The seashore is a great place to visit. When a storm is brewing at sea the ocean waves can be very scary and often dangerous. Sailors out at sea can attest to the tremendous power of the waves that form massive white caps.

Once on a cruise, my husband and I were on the upper deck around midnight and the dark ocean waves were very large and frightening. I love the ocean but seeing it so black and fierce that night stirred up fear inside of me. I could not even imagine what it would be like to go down with the ship. Pretty scary thought.

Do you recall the story in the Bible about Jesus calming the storm? Mark 34:35-39 recalls the story.'That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!”Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.' What they lacked was faith He could save them.

What storm or white caps are you facing in life? God can still the storms of life if only you cry out to Him.

PRAYER: I need you every hour in my life Lord. I can not do anything on my own. Thank you for getting me through some storms in my life and the storms sure to come. You are my hope! Thanks! In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment