Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

EARTHLY IMAGE OR GODLY IMAGE?


A few months ago as I was in Tulsa sitting at a store waiting for my sister to pick me up I was observing the shoppers going in and out of the store. Designer handbags, beautiful makeup and hairstyles, nice clothes. Basically the things of the outward appearance or the shell we live in. The real true man or woman lies underneath this facade.

When you go about your day are you more concerned about your earthly image or your godly one? In other words is it more important how you look or how you act? Of course we have to present a clean image especially if you have a job. But the outward man or woman is not what is the most important. You have heard someone say someone has a good personality and does not comment on anything else? Truly it is this inner person that is the most important.

1 Samuel 16:7(NIV) says 'But the Lord said to Samuel "do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does look at the things people look at. People look at outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."' 1 Peter 3:3-4(NASB) says 'Your adornment must not be merely external-braiding the hair and wearing of gold jewelry, or putting on dresses, but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.'

Remember your heavenly image is much more important to the Lord.

PRAYER: I seek to be more like you and "clothe" myself in righteousness each day. Sometimes I am too concerned of others opinions. Help me be reminded only what I do for God counts. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment