Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I LOOK TO THE HILLS

During the Christmas season, one of my all time favorite movies was on, not once, but twice. I am referring to "The Sound of Music" with Julie Andrews and the 2013 version with Carrie Underwood. I simply love the music and the story which is loosely based on the real Von Trapp family.
The message in the movie was the Von Trapps escaping over the Alps to get away from Nazi control. Maria Von Trapp was comforted by the nuns who gave her a verse of hope to cling to found in Psalm 121:1-2(KJV) which says 'I will lift mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.' Continue reading this chapter. It brings real peace and comfort.
When you are facing difficulty of any kind you need to keep looking to Jesus. In other words, look up to the heavens. Psalm 91:3(KJV) says 'Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.' If you believe in the promises of God's word what is there to fear? You can either believe and have peace or not believe and walk in fear.
PRAYER: Today is the day that you have made. Another day to serve you. Another day to face whatever is out there with confidence and trust. Another day to proclaim your goodness. Forgive me when I have let problems around me overwhelm me. Help me trust in you and look to you always. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. "You can either believe and have peace or not believe and walk in fear". So very well put. We learn this as we mature in Christ.

    ReplyDelete