Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

HIP HIP HOORAY!


 I do not know about you, but I love the New Year. It is a chance to start all over. New Year's helps us turn the clock on bad things and make up our mind that now is the time to let things go and start new good habits. Similar to how I feel in spring when plants and flowers are budding is the same way I feel in early January. It is a time on the calendar when fresh things can "bloom" in our lives.

I say "hip, hip, hooray" to 2014! Forget what things bothered you and "purpose" in your heart to do something new. Phillipians 3:13(NIV) says 'Brothers and sisters I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it, but one thing I do, Forgetting what is behind and straining forward to what is ahead.'

Are you able to forgive someone who has hurt you? Are you able to stop holding grudges? Can you let bitterness go? What a fantastic opportunity we have been given simply by a new year rolling around to get off to a right start. Change attitudes if necessary and commit to putting God first in 2014!

PRAYER: You have given me another day and another year to do things differently. Help me not look to the past but to look ahead. Guide me Lord to where you would have me be. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment: