Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

SPARKLE FOR JESUS




Is 2014 the year you will do things differently? Maybe you have found yourself in some sort of rut. Your joy has been lost. A major pity party is being thrown with only you in attendance. You feel like giving up on something or quitting a project you know is important. 

This is where I found myself on 29 December 2013 in church in Madison, Alabama. I was having a major pity party. When you allow your mind to not be focused on God the enemy can really come in and try to defeat you. Wouldn't he love to defeat a devotion writer or a prayer group leader? It happens, but we can not let it happen. I looked down at the cushioned chair in front of me and there was a single sparkle. This "sparkle",  combined with a great message which spoke to my heart, snapped me right out of whatever it was I was going through. I was so grateful. I just raised my hands to Jesus and said "thank you"! 

Have you found yourself defeated or in some sort of slump? The enemy loves to take advantage of us when our thoughts are not focused on Jesus. When we are not saturated in God's word and allow "stinking thinking" as Bible teacher Joyce Meyer calls it, to get into our thinking then we an disable the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. 

If you get like this just get the Bible and start reading Psalms and praising God. Before you know it you will be on track with God again and out of your pit. 

Jeremiah 29:11(NIV) reminds us 'For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' Why not trust God today? 

PRAYER:Lord I thank you for your word which keeps me from being in a slump. I thank you for the answer to prayers and the promises in your word. Forgive me for allowing the enemy to get me unmotivated. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment