Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

TRY LOVE

 As I was driving one day I saw a unique vanity tag that simply said "Try Love". That is good advice for all of us. Looking for a good New Years resolution? Maybe "trying love" would be a great one.

Perhaps you need to love a friend better, a family member, a stranger, a boss or a co worker. Love is putting others first and ignoring their faults. It is unconditional. It is patient. It does not think of itself. It is able to forgive regardless. This entire description of God's kind of love is found in 1 Corinthians 13. Read it and meditate on what it says.

A prayer I pray for myself often and even my children is that they would love with the love of Jesus'. 1 John 4:20(NIV) says 'Whoever claims to loves God yet hates a brother or a sister is a liar. For whoever does not love his brother and sister whom he has seen can not love God whom he has not seen.'

Do you need to "try love" in 2014 and beyond?

PRAYER: Lord I do love you and I strive with your help to show your love to others around me whether or not I know the or not. That is what you want your followers to do. Help me not stray from this path. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment