Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, January 24, 2014

DO YOU REJOICE IN EVIL?


The world we live in is filled with both good and evil. Evil is typically in the category of Satan and demons whereas good reflects the presence of God and Jesus.  Things in life are either right or wrong, good or bad. Usually your conscience and the Holy Spirit speaks to the heart to convict one of sinful behavior. 
In continuing to discuss the love chapter, 1 Corinthians 13,  verse six points out 'Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.'  When you are living for Jesus you do feel like rejoicing. Satan is on duty too trying to deceive you and put wrong thoughts into your head. Love, true Christian love, delights and rejoices with truth! What is truth? The Bible is the truth. It has been and always will be. It is not amended like the U.S. Constitution but is the same yesterday, today, and forever it tells us in Hebrews 13:8. it is not up to man or a court to decide what is considered good or right. Evil things are approved by governments and that does not make it right. God says what is evil and good.
When the love of Jesus is in your heart you will be delighted by good and truth. Where is your heart today? 

PRAYER: I love you Lord. I love your word. Your word is truth. Help me Lord be able to answer people in a kind fashion when they challenge me about the truth of the word of God. In Jesus' name. Amen, 

2 comments:

  1. Becky: I have lived long enough to see what was considered evil to become considered almost good. I find that I get more conservative in my views as I get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just studies this I Cor. 13 passage in our Bible study today. It's funny how God can weave it in and out of your day ! It also amazes me how much I still have to learn about truly loving others as Jesus does ! Thanks Becky !

    ReplyDelete