Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

LOOK WHAT I DID!


Have you ever given those in need something be it a donation, food card, drink of water, a warm coat? Do you go out after you do this good deed and tell everyone about it? Tempting I know.

1 Corinthians 13:3(NIV) reminds us 'If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.' If your goal is to be like Christ when it comes to loving others then according to this verse that is a big “no no“. If you can not display love and kindness to those you come in contact with on a daily basis, all that "giving" is virtually worthless. We can be this wonderfully charitable person and even put ourselves in situations not in our comfort zone but afterwards if you can't resist telling everyone, then watch out. What is the motive for sharing and being kind anyway?

Do you have the kind of Christ like love to be able to give away those things dear to you? This verse above points out to the reader basically that if you do all these wonderful things but then go out and hurt a friend, are rude to a clerk or telemarketer, and basically treat others unkind then you really are not walking in the love of Christ. Christ can help you change if you call out to Him.

PRAYER: I really do want to have your love for ALL people. People may rub me the wrong way Lord but I know you want me to be kind and show your love regardless. Help me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Our pastor calls those who do the crowing about their good deeds, the "Look-at-me" bunch.

    ReplyDelete