Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, January 20, 2014

PROBLEMS WITH THE MOUTH? AGAIN?



Who out there in my reading audience has mastered the art of controlling their tongue and what they say? I dare say anyone has. I know I have not so I continue to inspire you,I hope,with writings about what comes out of our mouth. 

If only we could use our brain more before engaging the mouth. Too quick to talk, oops!  Not thinking of what we say and how it impacts the listener. Oops again! Being too quick to respond to something. Oops oops and triple oops.

Mastering the art of conversation and the words we say is something to continually work on. Being too hasty, too impulsive, or too angry can do damage to our speech. Maybe you did not mean to say something but because you did not think those words just slid right out of your mouth. Someone once told me we should use the 24 hour rule before speaking if we were not sure what we were about to say was good. In other words,wait 24 hours. In many cases you probably will not say something once you have thought how it might impact the listener.

In the book of James 2:19 we are told 'My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.' Why not commit that verse to memory today to help you on your quest for perfect speaking?

PRAYER: It is my desire Lord to never be misinterpreted or never hurt anyone with the words I say. Nagging, meddling, hateful speech should have no part in my life. Guide me as I seek to speak to your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who told me that she and another lady were talking about me (in a nice way.) They couldn't seem to understand why I talk slowly when I speak. I took the time to explain that at the same time I was talking, I was trying to think how what I was saying would sound to the ones listening.

    ReplyDelete