Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

IDOL WORSHIP



What exactly is idol worship and do you feel you are exempt from it? When I think of idol worship often times I think of those persons who worship statues or animals. Whatever country you are in reading this there may be some sort of idol worshipping. Here in the United States where I am located idol worship can be as simple as putting something else above God. A hobby, a passion, a person. Whatever it is that takes the place of total worship in your life is an idol. For instance, do your thoughts constantly fall on some actor you think is super talented? Maybe a singer? The television show "American Idol" is just that . It is setting up a "star to be worshipped" or admired and followed by voting for a new winner each season. It is how you manage your life and passions that matters. Do you let following other things outweigh or take the place of devotion to God or wanting to be in his house to worship? Could it be Sunday golf, a running race, time on the lake or at the beach? Time to relax and kick back is more important than time alone with God or in His house of worship. Each person has to search his or her own heart on this issue.

Exodus 20:3(NIV) says 'You shall have no other gods before me.' What do you love more than God?

PRAYER: I love you Lord and I never want my love for other things or people to cause you to be ignored. Forgive me if I have done this. Create in me and my loved ones a heart sold out to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky, yes,we all have idols. We had a relative who seemed to equate money with power, Someone's hobby can turn into an idol. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete