Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

THE BLAME GAME


Ever since Adam and Eve first sinned, men and women have been blaming each other. It is so easy to not accept repsonsibilty for our failures and put it off on someone else. I affectionatley call this the "Adam syndrome".

Do you catch yourself blaming someone else on something maybe you did or something you do not want to assume responsibility for? Sometime "blamers" may not even realize they are doing it. The late comedian Flip Wilson used to say "the devil made me do it" in one of his comedy sketches. Funny yes, but we can say the devil made you do it and blame him, but you also need to take charge with God's help and become responsible and run from sin. Also if you routinely blame others why not step back and see who in fact is at fault.

Having this type of spirit is not really loving. I have been writing a good deal on the subject of love lately. If you are blamed for something you did not do, do not retaliate but respond with grace. Above all pray. Perhaps the "blamer" does not realize this habit in their life.

Proverbs 15:14(ESV) reminds us that 'The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge, but the mouths of fools feed on folly.'

PRAYER: If I have been guilty of blaming others for something forgive me. I know it is not a loving trait. Also help me be gracious to those in my life that blame me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a child, there was a comic strip character named Pogo. His one thought that comes to mind is, "We have met the enemy and it is us!" Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy, especially when we chose to blame others for things we have done.

    ReplyDelete