Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

GROUCHY? GET SOME BLUE TOENAILS

 
This is the second go round for this devotion. The first written a few days ago was lost in cyber space. Never even had a draft to use to recreate it so with God's help I attempt to do my best again. The title asks a question, are you grouchy? Maybe you do not think you are but what kind of words constantly flow from your mouth? Are they words of praise or words of condemnation? Are they words of love or words of judgment? Are they words of hope or words of despair? Are they words that build others up or tear them down? Think on that for a moment.
So many folks may get in a habit of griping, judging, gossip, unthankfulness, criticism and not even reallize it. Maybe it has been a part of them for a long time and even Christians can be this way. Pray and ask God to reveal to you if you are this way and if you feel you are try to make changes.
I like the motto for the "Life is Good" company which is "Do what you like and Like what you do". Does that describe you? If not why? Are you in a mode of comparison perhaps? Do you feel you are worth little or perhaps too old for something? If you are an "older person" and keep talking about aches, pains, and all that, then try to change your habit of assuming things happen at a certain age and go on with life. If you are say 60 and feel you are washed up, shame on you. God can and does use people of all ages to serve Him and work for Him. The world we live in makes it sound like we assume we need to throw in the towel, so to speak, at age 50 or 60 or 70 or even 80 etcetera. Why? Some may say, "Act your age" and I say "What fun is that?"
The other day my friend Pam was in town visiting and we went for a pedicure. Normally I get the traditional red or pink shades of polish but I said "I will take the bright blue". Yes I have blue toenails and I kind of like them. I am getting ready to celebrate a "milestone" birthday so what better way to make yourself feel young than getting a crazy toenail color. It makes me laugh just looking at it. Do something fun, get out and get going. Start making your speech be positive. Even in your prayer life start it by praising God and telling Him how great and wonderful he is! Romans 4:17 mentions 'Calling things as not as though they were' or in other words do not use negative talking saying things that drag you down. Believe in miracles. Believe in hope. Believe in the impossible!
Mark 9:23(NLT) says "What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." Sear that in your brain that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! Start a habit of positive speech. Say things like "Thanks Lord for a beautiful day. Thanks Lord for life. Thanks Lord for being a God of mercy. Thanks for my family. Thank you Jesus for hearing my prayers." You can probably think of others. God is a God of hope so try to make your speech give you and others hope and not drag them down. Keep focused on above and if you need to laugh and smile, go get some blue toenails (well maybe not my male readers). Have a blessed and God filled day!
PRAYER: Today is your day Lord. Each and every day is a day to lift up your name. You alone are mighty and powerful. You care about me Lord. I choose this day Lord to start thinking positive and talking positive. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click this link below and get ready to worship God in song and lift your spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment