Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

ROOTED OR WILTED?



Are your "roots" deep in the soil of God's word or when the first storm comes into your life do you wilt and blow away with the wind? Think about plants in a garden. The ones that get proper care in the form of water and fertilizer will usually have deep roots and grow healthy and strong. Those that get neglected will cease to become thriving plants and may even die before producing fruit.

In your spiritual life do you neglect reading the word of God? Do you feel Sunday is enough to suffice and get you through the week ahead? Has being called a Christian become mundane and more of a "title" more than something you really are?

As I sit writing this devotion I am in a coffee shop that plays Christian praise and worship music. It is lifting my spirit just being in here. I want to raise my hands and sing.

Do you seek more of God or have you become satisfied and are wilting on the vine of life? It is necessary to feed on the word of God on a regular basis to stay strong.

Psalm119:11(NIV) says 'I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.' How can you be armed for the battles coming your way without the word of God to make you strong? Start today and grow in grace and truth by feeding daily on His word.

PRAYER: Lord I do thank you for giving us your Holy word as our guidebook for life. Without it I am weak and become fearful. I choose to stay strong and grow strong by feeding on it daily. In Jesus' name.Amen.
Click link for a powerful song of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment