Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

BE CALM! GOD IS STILL GOD!

Are you worried? Are you fretful? Do you think the world is coming to end soon? Are you not trusting God to help you or help situations?
First of all remember that God is still on the throne. He has not abandoned you. He loves and cares for His children who call Him Lord. 2 Chronicles 16:9(NASB) says 'For the eyes of the Lord move to and for throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose hearts are completely His. You have acted foolishly in this. Indeed now you shall surely have wars.' I have loved that verse since a family friend of ours since my childhood wrote it on my birthday card many years ago. It just stuck with me.
God has a plan. He is not up in heaven worried that some dictator is going to dethrone Him, after all He is the Alpha and Omega, the King of kings and Lord of lords. 2 Peter 3:9(NIV) says 'The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.' He does not like His people and those that love Him to be oppressed. There is freedom in Christ. Freedom to live a life without fear.
Many people who call themselves Christians can not seem to let go of worry. It almost possesses them. In order to have that calm assurance of Jesus taking care of you and knowing the "bigger picture" you just have to have faith and trust Him. Your ultimate home if you have asked Jesus to be Lord over your life is of course your heavenly mansion. No more concerns up there. No more fretting. Simply being in awe of God's majesty and glory.
Are you not able to let some things go? I recommend finding a good scripture verse to cling to and keep with you if you start to be overcome with anxiety.
Proverbs 3:5-6(NIV) is one of my favorites. It says 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and He will direct your paths.' For a believer death is the ultimate prize. No more heartache, weeping, worries, troubles, sickness but just pure joy in the presence of God.
Whatever is taking away your peace take it to God in prayer and leave it there. Once again let me remind you it is Satan that wants to make you a worrier. Stop now and be a "warrior" for Christ.

PRAYER: Thank you for another day to sing your praises and make an impact in the world around me. Forgive me when I keep worrying as that shows I must not trust you to work. I need patience to be able live day by day. I refuse to allow the enemy to steal my peace and joy. In Jesus' name.Amen.
Click link below and listen to a wonderful song to give you peace. Why not lift your arms in the air and praise Him?http://youtu.be/MtbN5N8I8Hk

No comments:

Post a Comment