Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

PRAYED ALREADY? THEN TRUST GOD




How many reading this may say a prayer and supposedly "cast" your cares and concerns on God like it says to do in 1 Peter 5:7 but immediately start fretting and trying to take the controls again. Why is this? Why can't we "fully rely on God" or F.R.O.G? Why bother praying if you just then in the next breath start to panic? There are lots of "whys" there aren't there? 

Do you believe God loves you? Do you believe He is in control? Don't you know He sees the big picture? Seemingly bad things many times have an ultimate good purpose, but you have to sit back, relax, be patient, and trust God.

One of my all time favorite Bible verses is Romans 8:28(NIV) which says 'And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.' So the question is do you love God? Really? Do you "talk" to Him daily in prayer and maybe sometimes several times a day? Do you love spending time with Him in order to get your day started off in a dynamic way? Do you try to please Him in what you say and do? Have you asked Him to be Lord of your life and asked Him into your heart? 

You can have that perfect peace and you can know God. Joining a church does not mean that you "know" God and have a "ticket" to heaven. Matthew 7:21-23(NKJV) says '“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Why not say this simple prayer and ask Jesus into your heart today and then start an exciting daily journey of walking with Him? "Lord Jesus I need you. Forgive me of ignoring you and doing things my own way. Forgive me of my sins. I want you to come into my heart and live in me."  Romans 10:9-10 says 'that is you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart,you will be saved.With the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.'  Why not trust Him today? 

PRAYER: I need you every hour of each day Lord. Many say you are a "crutch" well if so then you are the best "crutch" ever who I rely on daily to help me in all facets of life. I choose to live for you and I need you to stay on the right path of life. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment