Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 21, 2013

WHAT IF........BUT GOD!


 Fear. We all have experienced it. I am not referring to fear of snakes, heights, storms, and falling but fear of the unknown,perhaps even fear of death, even for believers. Other types of fears are fearing your children will be in some sort of accident. Fearing for your own life when there is bad weather and you are in a plane at 35,000 feet. Fearing your children will get into the wrong crowd and go downhill and forget God. You could make yourself a "nut case" so to speak by conjuring up all sorts of scenarios.

Mothers are the good worriers out there and can make themselves fearful if they do not get refocused on something else. Not being able to let your adult children grow up and constantly checking up on them daily is really not a good thing for the parent child relationship. Fearing you left the iron on and your house will burn down after you have left for vacation. Fear of war. Fearing a democratic government will turn into a communistic one. Fearing your doors are unlocked at home and someone is going to walk in and steal your earthly possessions. Fearing you will get cancer. Fearing bankruptcy. Fearing your car will break down on a dark country road at night. Can anyone identify with any of these examples? Perhaps you can add to the list.

What makes us fear? Human nature for one. What can we do to get out of this cycle of worrying and being fearful? You need to replace fear with faith. Trust in a loving God to take are of you and your family. Sitting in a constant state of panic will not only make you continually, needlessly stressed out and perhaps sick but it indicates you do not have much faith in God to do what He says.

Isaiah 41:10(ESV) says 'fear not for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.' That my friend is a promise from the Almighty God. One of the best ways to combat always being fearful is to listen to uplifting praise and worship music. Oftentimes I include a song at the end of a devotion for everyone to take time to listen to. Today is no exception. You will find a link to click at the bottom of this devotion. Take time to listen.

Romans 8:31 reminds us 'If God be for us who can be against us?' Do not allow the enemy, Satan, to intimidate you and drag you down into his pit of fear. When you are fearful you have a hard time praising Jesus and I can just see the enemy sitting there saying "ha ha,I got them." Psalm 27:1 says 'The Lord is my light and my salvation in whom shall I fear. The Lord is the stronghold of my life in whom shall I be afraid?' Psalm 23:4, often recited at funerals, is really for everyday life. It says ' Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me.'


We are approaching the Halloween season where some people love being scared. If you have to celebrate Halloween why not do a new twist and make it fun and a harvest celebration instead of attempting to scare people, especially small children? Just my thought for what it is worth.

So my friend. You can choose to have freedom over fears. You can choose to be lifted up and set free from the enemies attempts to keep you anxious. Why not purpose in your heart to get a grasp on the fear that entangles and ensnares you and run to Jesus.

Hebrews 12:1(ESV) is an awesome verse to end with and sort of a "word picture". 'Therefore since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses let us also lay aside every weight and sin that clings so closely and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.'

PRAYER: I indeed need you every hour of my life Lord. I can let the cares of the world cause me to be fearful. I want to live a life free from the cares,worries, and fears of this world. I want to make Satan mad that he can not make me get fearful. I choose faith instead. If I start to tremble help me run to God and remember the verses in this devotion. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click link and praise God with your whole heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment