Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

FEAR NOT



Today's world in the United States of America for many is full of fear of the unknown. We know and believe God is in fact in control and sometimes that includes letting bad situations play themselves out. Fear of a depression, fear of healthcare system collapsing, fear of financial ruin, fear of Communism, fear of homelessness, fear of losing a job, fear of bankruptcy, fear of the unknown. There are many who do not see these things and perhaps are not fearful.

Where does fear originate from? The answer is not God. Satan is the author of all the bad stuff. The evil in the world are from him. In John 10:10(HCSB) it says 'A thief comes only to kill, steal, and destroy. I came that they might have life and have it in abundance.' When we are not tuned into God it is easy to be led astray and believe lies of the enemy. Satan is a liar. He is evil. He is meaning to get us in his trap.

Some good news is found in Isaiah 41:10 (NIV). 'So do not fear for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.' You may have noticed I have referred to that verse in many devotions. It is good to try to commit that to memory. If you feel yourself becoming fearful you can read this verse out loud. Do not allow the enemy to get you in his trap.

Today start the day by saying "Thank you for this day. I will trust you Lord and not be afraid."

PRAYER: Lord there are many times I get anxious about things going on around me. I need to stay in your word and on my knees in prayer. You will protect us Lord and I have faith in you. Help me not to fear. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Assignment: Read Psalm 91
Click link below and listen to the words of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment