Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

DO YOU LOVE THE WORD OF GOD? REALLY?


What if some day your government made your Bible illegal? It could happen. There are many countries where a person can be jailed or executed for their Christian faith.  If it were to be taken from you do you have any verses committed to memory that you could cling to each day? Do not think I am crazy or this is a fairy tale as many nations can not have God's word.

I may have some readers from some of those countries. There are those in the United States, maybe some who even say they are Christians, who barely pick up their Bible except maybe on Sunday out of obligation. This should not be happening, the enemy can sure distract a person and get them to make all sorts of excuses. Oh we are so very busy but who gets last dibs? Jesus. 

At a conference I was at recently it was brought up that the word "busy" could be an acronym for "Being Under Satan's Yoke". Now that may put it in a different light. We are so busy, busy, busy doing so many things that do not even matter for eternity. 

Why not commit today to start "hiding" the word of God in your heart? Do not  take God for granted.  Each day write on your calendar "time with God" and do not allow "more important" things to squeeze out that time. What is more important than spending time with the King of kings? Keep the TV turned off and "turn on to" God for a change. 

I am going to list a few verses below. Why not try to commit them to memory in the next month or so? Do not allow the "tyranny of the urgent" to put God aside till Sunday. 

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it. 

Psalm 122:1 I was glad when they said to me let us  go unto the house of the Lord.

Hebrews 4:12 The word of God is living and active and sharper than any two edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and of spirit,of joints and of marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 

Hebrews 3:15 Today if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion. 

Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. 

Take time and keep looking more verses up. Go to the book of John in the New Testament and have fun getting to know Jesus.

PRAYER: Your word is where I get my strength Lord. I know the enemy loves it when I am too busy for you but it makes you sad. I need your word to stay strong for the battles of life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment