Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 18, 2013

NEVER STOP PRAYING



What is on your heart today? What prayer needs are you crying out to God for? Do not ever give up! There will be skeptics who tell you God does not care or if He does why does He let little children die and why doesn't he simply heal everything. That is something I can not really answer but I do know that God indeed cares and He is not the one who makes bad stuff happen.

Prayer is our lifeline to God. If it were not so powerful why then do anti God forces continually try to eradicate it from society? Unfortunately they were successful in not allowing school children to pray back in 1963 but that does not mean people are not praying. 

Luke 18:1 is a favorite verse of mine and it simply says to 'Pray and never give up'.  As the famous slogan for Nike says "Just do it." Indeed we must 'keep doing it' and doing it some more. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says to 'pray without ceasing.' That means do not stop! Perhaps you are a parent in despair over a wayward child and keep praying and praying and praying some more. Do not worry my friend. God is indeed at work in their lives. Just keep believing. 

Have you ever tried praying scripture over a situation? For some excellent helps on this check out www.momsinprayer.org. Moms in Prayer is a ministry I have been a part of for almost 18 years now. It is vital to my prayer life. Isaiah 55:11 says ' So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.' God's word is powerful. Cherish it. Read your Bible. Memorize some favorite verses. It is your weapon against the forces of darkness in our world. Satan shudders at the name of Jesus. 

PRAYER: I love you Jesus. I hate evil. I know you hear my prayers. Help me to keep on keeping on and to remember to encourage others to continue in prayer as well. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment