Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I LOVE JESUS, HOW ABOUT YOU?


The Christian singer Carman has a song where the the lyrics say "I love Jesus yes I do, I love Jesus, how about you?" Do you love Jesus?

The word love is thrown around so flippantly at times. There is the love between man and wife which should be eternal, deep, truthful, permanent with Christ as the center. There is the love of friends where it is loyal, kind, and faithful. A person can say they love a certain food, sports team, college, vacation destination, or pet. We love our family, or should.

Love is kind, truthful, forgiving, honest, merciful, loyal, genuine, friendly, kind, and above all unconditional. Think of that word unconditional. It means "without conditions". God loves us unconditionally so we too need to love others in the same manner.

1 John 4:20 says 'whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or a sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love of God who they have not seen.'

When you love someone you want to please them above yourself. You give before you take. This is why the question is "do you really love Jesus" do you like to please Him by your thoughts, words, and actions? 1 John 1:6 says 'if. Claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.' So are you a liar or a lover? Start today to show the love of God to all tho you come into contact each and every day but give God your true love.

PRAYER: I love you Lord. I love your word The Bible. I love the promise of a heavenly kingdom. I thank you for helping me show love to all people even when they might not show it back. Love always wins out. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click link below to listen to the song I mentioned above by Carman.

No comments:

Post a Comment