Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 25, 2013

FOCUS ON GOD NOT YOUR PROBLEMS

 
How many people have problems? Big ones or small ones, it does not matter. What is the normal human reaction to dealing with problems? Perhaps worry and fears or the overwhelming concern it will never end?
The solution to peace in the midst of problems is to pray and give God those concerns. Often there are times in life when those seemingly major problems looming over you are like a dark cloud. A few years pass and they seem to be quite small. You might say "I don't know why I acted like I did." Don't be too hard on yourself because all of us, if we admit it, have let little things grow into huge "mountains" because in many instances we forgot to totally surrender them to the Lord.

Look to Jesus and keep your gaze straight ahead. Matthew 14:28-38(HCSB) says ' "Lord, if it’s You,” Peter answered Him, “command me to come to You on the water.” "Come!” He said. And climbing out of the boat, Peter started walking on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the strength of the wind, he was afraid. And beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me!” God was there all along and Peter did not sink but started to when he took His eyes off Jesus and focused instead on the huge stormy sea.
Are you focusing on the storms of this life and not on God? Today ask God to help you trust Him in good times and not so good times. He will see you through whatever it is if you can only trust Him.
PRAYER: There have been times when I have become overwhelmed by a certain situation in life. When I try to manipulate and control it only makes matters worse. When I entertain worry, I also get no peace. Lord it is my desire to give you the controls and trust you. Help me give up worrying and controlling and give it to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment