Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

WHAT ME, WORRY?

 
We all know worry is wrong. God does not want us to worry but there probably is not a soul alive who does not worry or stress to some extent. How do we stop it? How do we totally trust God and let Him have our concerns? It just takes discipline and practice like anything else to combat this worry monster. The opposite of worry is peace. This is what we need to be working towards.
 
1 Peter 5:7 tells us to ' cast all our care on him for he cares for us." So just do it. Cast that care on him. Ok? Colossians 3:2 says" Let heaven fill your thoughts, don't spend time worrying about things down here." Worrying can not change anything. We can not manipulate a situation by worrying needlessly over it .Matthew 6:27 says "Who of you by worrying can add one single hour to his life?" It is impossible. We can not do anything by worrying except  make ourselves sick, obsessed, and overly concerned over situations out of our hands.
 
We worry about children, losing a job, flying,friends who have hurt us, getting hurt in an accident or our children getting hurt,  driving in bad weather, dying, our future, bills, lack of money,where we will live,  war, and many other things. Stop worrying and start praying. When you feel like you can not help yourself turn to God. Ask him to take away your needless worry. Say " Lord I trust you to work this out. Help me cast my care on you. I need not carry this burden. " Philippians 4:6-7 says" Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." God has things under control. 
 
Colossians 2:6 says "And now just as you have trusted Christ to save you, trust him, too, for each day's problems."
 
PRAYER: It is so easy to worry Lord but I know it does not help but sometimes I can not seem to help myself. Lord help me today to trust you to work all the details of my life and that of my family members as well. You love them more than me and you will watch over them. Forgive me for stressing out over worrying about needless things I can do nothing about. I love you Lord and want to be healed of this problem and give you the authority to be Lord over every area of my life.I commit my life to you Lord and I trust you because you are in control.  In Jesus Name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment