Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

IT IS WORTH REPEATING

 In my opinion when there is a lesson to be learned you need to teach it over and over and over again. We do not want to hear a sermon one time, for instance, on becoming Christlike. One time and one message or one devotion doesn't cement it in your mind. There are certain subjects which bear repeating. I write devotions most times to help myself and in doing this hope and pray they are also touching someone else out there. I receive both good comments and constructive criticism. Both are important. Today the subject worth repeating is being an 'imitator of God'. What does this mean exactly??
To imitate is to be like something. To imitate God is to try to be Christlike in what we say and do.  I love movies and often think of how we may think nothing of going to any old movie out there without checking it's content. The saying is 'garbage in, garbage out'. The way I see it God lives inside of us if we claim to believers and therefore we need to be careful what we think or take into our spirit so to speak.
Ephesians 5:1 says to be 'imitators' of God.  God is holy so you should try to be holy. God forgives so you should try to forgive. God loves unconditionally so  likewise we should attempt to love unconditionally.  You get  the picture. Whatever we do we are to try to be more like him.
PRAYER:  Dear Lord it is my desire to be more and more like you each and very day. Forgive me when I have not taken the time to study and meditate upon your word. I love you lord and want to be more like you. In Jesus name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment