Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

IN ALL THINGS GIVE THANKS??? REALLY??

Why is it people tend to be thankful for good things but never the bad? When we are right in the middle of something we sure are not thinking and saying, "Boy God I really thank you for the test and trial I am undergoing. I know it is for my good." Instead the normal reaction is fear, overreaction, jumping to conclusions, anger, worry and a host of other emotions. Your 'human' side tends to react with "why is this happening to me?" Instead we need to develop the ability spiritually to remember that "All things work together for the good to those who love the Lord and are called according to his purposes." (Romans 8:28). We often can not visualize the purpose for something that is happening but later on, in most cases, can look back on it and laugh or thank Jesus or both. But agony and trials are sure not fun when you are going through them.

Yesterday I thought my military ID card had been stolen from my unlocked locker at one of the post gymansiums. I mean I looked everywhere and sometimes looked twice. I proceeded to do the wise thing by notifying credit bureaus since the ID contained not only my but my husbands social security numbers. Next I made a police report on post. I told the employees at the gym how to reach me if it showed up. I mean I thought I had looked everywhere.!!  Next I went to ID Card Section and had a new ID made to be picked up next week. All this and then today I was putting on my shoes after getting up and felt something inside of the shoe. You guessed it! My ID Card. Funny but embarrassing. But the thing I am thankful for is that it taught me to not have a false sense of security on military bases and to use a lock on my locker from here on out. Sometimes after something happens we learn a valuable lesson.

Trials and struggles at home or on the job or with friends or others are like that too. For whatever reason things we go through, note I said 'through' meaning we end up out of them, do not seem pleasant but can be used to help us and make us stronger. We have to have patience and strength to endure some things and stay in the word of God and in prayer. I know someone struggling at work right now and I have told this person to read Psalms, keep praying and to try to keep their cool. It is easier said than done. But it is a discipline.
"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 1:7)."When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." (Isaiah 43:2) The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 to give thanks "in all things". It takes both good and bad experiences to 'grow us up in Christ'. So when a situation arises that is not ideal try to remember to pause and say "Lord I do not know why this is happening but help me to learn what you want me to learn through this and be an example for you. Help me not complain and set my mind on things above and not my problems down here."
PRAYER: Father God if anyone reading this has a struggle today help them to learn to not get mad at you or blame you but to praise you in the storm. In Jesus Name. Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw

No comments:

Post a Comment