Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 6, 2010

CHANGE YOUR WORLD

Where has God placed you in life? You may feel you are not in a very important position or no position at all and compare yourself to someone with a fancy title. You may feel you are too old to make a difference or life has passed you by. In Colossians 3:23 it says to work at everything like you were working for the Lord.  No matter if you are a ditch digger, be a ditch digger for the Lord. If you are a teacher,teach for the Lord. If you change lightbulbs on top of bridges or skyscrapers do it as if to the Lord. If you are a garbage collector do it for the Lord. In other words whoever you are and whatever you do,  you matter to the Lord. He does not say in his word that only the famous important people with high powered jobs in big cities are important to him. I know from personal experience that stay home moms often feel unappreciated but as I told a young mother I met at my husbands work place Christmas party on Friday night who stays home with her 3 and 13 year old, to say to those who ask what you do that you are raising leaders for the future. There is no need to apologize or compare or put yourself down. You are where you are for a reason and a season and God wants you to impact the world just where he has placed you.
Psalms 139:13-18 says " For you created my inmost being;you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you  when I was made in the secret place,  when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body;  all the days ordained for me were written in your book  before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God!  How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,  they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you."

Each of us is here for a reason. No one person is more special to God.Stop wishing for someone else's life. Now this does not mean if you have a dream to try a new job to not do it .Just do not get down on yourself because you are not someone you think is more valuable to God. He loves you and wants you  to make an impact in the little corner of the world He has placed you in. You can do it. You matter to God.

PRAYER: Dear Lord help those reading this know they have immense value in your eyes and not to think they do not have a way to impact their world. Father encourage older persons to not give up and know they impact their corner of the world too. Somehow the world seems built on youth and makes those over 60 feel like second class citizens. We know you have a plan for all people as long as they are breathing on this earth. Encourage those who feel unimportant that they matter. In Jesus name,amen !

No comments:

Post a Comment