Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Taking A Peace Break



Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.John 14:27

Do you ever intentionally just sit down alone and rest and ponder. I did that recently at our local Starbucks patio in the shady breeze. I was there writing, pondering, and listening to late 60’s hits on the outdoor audio system. It was quite pleasant but at times I wondered how many people can make themselves do this routinely or even take a nap. 

At times do you catch yourself feeling guilty by resting or not having a full ‘to do’ list? In America especially it seems as though humans are compelled to stay busy so probably the isolation of the pandemic shutdown was difficult for many. 

Why not make your schedule to not only include quiet time with the Lord and prayer but stillness too. 

PRAYER: I need to take care of the ‘temple’ which is my physical body and part of that is rest, so Father help me not schedule my day so full I can’t take a ‘peace break’. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment